Re: [wg-d] Working Group Membership

> >To me it makes more sense to say "participate as individuals" and add "and
> >you must disclose relevant conflicts or relationships".
>
> What if we just say "individuals participate," which would leave open the
> possibility of participating as an individual or as a designated
> representative of some group or company. The question then simply becomes
> one of disclosure. Is it required? recommended? how detailed? enforced?
> how enforced?

You did a *much* better job of expressing it than I did.  I agree
Participation ought to be as individuals, but people are encouraged to
make disclosures of what they think is appropriate to disclose.

(I don't think we need to be hard nosed about the degree of disclosure.
The disclosures on this working group were, to my mind, entirely adequate,
although I would have like to see more people make 'em.)

		--karl--