[wg-d] More disclosure...

I didn't know we are doing short disclosures...

In case anybody hasn't realized it: I am an opinionated curmudgeon.

I work at Cisco Systems as the result of an acquisition (Precept
Software.)  I design and build products to do entertainment grade
audio/video over the Internet.  I do not speak for Cisco, nor are my
opinions necessary reflective of Cisco's.

I've done other startup companies in addition to Precept: Epilogue
Technology (SNMP) and Empirical Tools and Technologies (internet
troubleshooting tools).  I've learned the hard way about how to run, and
especially how not to run, a business.

I guess I am financially independent, but I do like to work so whether I
am or not is somewhat academic.

My wife has her own startup company - InterWorking Labs - that does
interoperability testing of Internet protocols and products.

I've been part of the internet since about 1973 or 1974.  I've been active
in the IETF since the mid 1980's although since Cisco acquired Precept
I've had my nose too close to the grindstone to be active except in
matters regarding network quality of service issues.

I am a product of Van Nuys High School -- the same school that produced
Jon Postel, Vint Cerf, and Steve Crocker.  Must be something in the water.

My undergraduate work was at UCLA and UC Berkeley.

I am an attorney - I graduated from Loyola Law School (part of Loyola
Marymount) in Los Angeles in 1978 with a JD (cum laud) and I am an
"active" member in the California Bar.  (I quote "active" because I'm
active in the legal sense but I don't actually do legal work on a day to
day basis, I'm really much more of a techie.)

I am a founding member of the Boston Working Group.

I also do backstage work with a professional theatre company and I am
helping restore a 1923 mainline steam locomotive to operational condition.

My web site is at http://www.cavebear.com/

I tend to publish various grumblings at
	http://www.cavebear.com/cavebear/growl/

		--karl--