Re: [wg-d] Time standard

> Not that we have had any firm dates deadlines established, so I am
> mentioning a problem which has not happened:
>
> We (and the DNSO) are worldwide.  What is Thursday 11am for me is Friday
> morning or Thursday afternoon or night for others.
>
> When we do get to the point of establishing closure dates for things, we
> might want to use a particular time/date reference.
>
> The general standard for that is UTC or GMT.  We are, of course free to
> adopt anything else.  But UCT/GMT would probably be the least confusing.
>
> 		--karl--

==> Good point.

    I have no special difficulty to work with the UTC (standard, nowhere),
    but my peronnal observation is that even the people working on space
    program prefere use local time references for meetings or real life.

    What about a sample of 3 or 4 real places (plus UTC if you wish) ?
    Until now, I reference 3 well populated geographical areas:
               Pacific US
               Eastern US
               Central European (300 000 people, more than UTC zone)
    adding sometimes Singapore or Japan for Asia

    Elisabeth