Re: [wg-c] new TLDs

I have recieved some private mail, asking if we were happy with the
ICANN results, and the answer is no.  Like many others, were were
disappointed with many of the rejections and many of the comments from
various board members.  That said, I think that Jonathan and others who
moved the process forward deserve thanks, and I hope this leads to a
further expansion of the root.  I thought it was interesting how close
the numbers came to the 6 to 10 from the WG-C report.   We'd like to see
thousands added, and I imagine these will lead to a much greater number
down the road.  I hope so.  I feel badly for those who paid the $50k and
were rejected on very arbitrary grounds.

 Jamie

--
James Love, Consumer Project on Technology, http://www.cptech.org