Re: [wg-c] Consensus call

> > Sorry, I have to call you on this one. Please present documentation of
Jon
> > Postel
> > "disclaiming" the list which he posted, or retract.
> >
> > Thanks much,
>
> His ignoring them and trying to go ahead with the IAHC plan instead was a
> pretty clear statement that he was disclaiming those submissions and not
> considering them.
>
> In both situations he had no authority anyway, so this whole thread is
moot.

> End of story.

No, not by a long shot. You said that he disclaimed them. That's not
ignoring, not routing-around, and not anything else but what you claimed.

He posted the list *AFTER* initiating the IAHC plan, by the way, so
even if your argument were valid, it is incorrect.

Authority is irrelevant, as we're talking about Postel's intentions and
desires here. In fact, in conversations shortly before his death, he
expressed sadness at the way things had gone.

You just made a claim that is flatly false. I won't hold out for an
apology, but you really shouldn't make things up to support your
opinion.

Christopher