Re: [wg-c] CONSENSUS CALLS -- THIS IS IT

PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER ONE

The initial rollout should include a range of top level domains, from open
TLDs to restricted TLDs with more limited scope.

NO - if  "open" simply means producing an undifferentiated replica of .com;
otherwise, I would agree that new TLDs could usefully have a range of
charters from more to less restrictive, but differentiation and resolution
of the TM issues are essential

PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER TWO

Criteria for assessing a gTLD application, subject to current technical
constraints and evolving technical opportunities, should be based on all of
the following principles : <SNIP>

YES

PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER THREE

WG-C recommends that the Names Council charter a working group to develop
policy regarding internationalized domain names using non-ASCII characters.

NO - not yet -  [not often I agree with Milton M ;-) ] but my understanding
is that there remain significant technical issues to address on this, and so
IETF would presently seem to be the appropriate development forum.

Keith