Re: [wg-c] S/K principles [Was: Working Group C agenda]

I had understood the S/K principles as having a different purpose, namely,
as a guide toward the selection of the new gTLDs, not as a charter for their
operation.

For example, the principles would suggest that you don't add a ".biz" as an
open gTLD when you have a ".com." They would, however, allow the selection
of a ".biz" as a chartered gTLD in which only, say, publicly traded
companies could register.

Once the selection of a new gTLD is made, generic or chartered, I had
assumed that the S/K principles fade away -- except perhaps to operate as a
check against a chartered TLD becoming a generic one or otherwise failing to
abide by the representations made during the TLD selection process (though
I'm not sure how you prevent that).

That was how I had read S/K anyway.

          -- Bret