RE: [wg-c] Application Requirements

At 4:52 PM -0800 3/26/00, William X. Walsh wrote:

>On 27-Mar-2000 Roeland M. J. Meyer wrote:
>  > What is also at issue is the fact that many SLDs, and a few TLDs, were
>  > granted trademark status.
>
>You apparently missed the part where I said that no TLDs were
>granted trademark
>status.  Not a single one.   Everyone attempt has been rejected by the USPTO
>even before these policies were in place.

This is not true.  Several were indeed issued.  Here is one:

Typed Drawing

  Word Mark
                          .XXX
  Goods and Services
                          IC 042. US 100 101. G & S: registration
services, namely, assigning and recording addresses for computers on
a public global
                          communications network, and dispute
administration services, namely, arranging for dispute resolution
processes to settle disputes over
                          conflicting addresses for computers on a
public global communications network
  Mark Drawing Code
                          (1) TYPED DRAWING
  Serial Number
                          75225757
  Filing Date
                          January 14, 1997
  Files ITU
                          FILED AS ITU
  Published for Opposition
                          May 19, 1998
  Owner
                          (APPLICANT) A Technology Company Inc.
CORPORATION CANADA 18 King Street East Suite 1505 Toronto, Ontario
CANADA
                          M5C 1C4
  Section 44 Indicator
                          SECT44