Re: [wg-c] Application Requirements

> I'm not talking about the TLD as a trademark. I'm talking
> about the TLD as infringing on SOME OTHER trademark.
>
> Example would be .ibm - ignore the dot, and "ibm" is a
> trademark, no?
>
> Regardless, the USPTO's guidelines do not have the force
> of law, as I understand it. They're guidelines, unchallenged.
>
> --
> Christopher Ambler
> chris@the.web

But, unless I understand it wrong, it is the USPTO that decides what is or
what isn't a TM in the US. If the USPTO says it isn't then it isn't. You
can't go to a judge saying that someone is infringing on a trademark of yours
and find that the USPTO says that it ISN'T a trademark, and expect to win...
(unless you strike it lucky with a clueless judge).
Hmmm... I wish I knew what the lawyers of IOD think of IOD (something along
the lines of "we LOVE the money of IOD").

Yours, John.