Re: [wg-c] more on non-shaired gTLDs

> > As for "very shaky legal ground", as I see it, ICANN has already walked
> > out to the end of the plank of "monopoly" in that it is acting as an
> > arbiter of who may and who may not participate in de facto dominant root
> > system.
>
> I don't see it the same way Karl.

We are obviously going to have to agree to disagree and see how the other
members of the WG decide.  I would suggest that between us we've set forth
the two sides reasonably completely.  (And besides, we've each reached our
two-emails limit for today. ;-)

As a point of clarification, I am proposing diversity of operators for at
least until we have reached some arbitrary, but non-trivial threshhold,
let's say 100, new TLDs.

I would like to point out that there has been mention on this thread of
IETF/IAB imposed requirements.  I fail to perceive any that are relevant
to this particular question, expecially as diversity of TLD operators is a
policy matter that, to my my mind, is devoid of any technical issues.

		--karl--