Re: [wg-c] more on non-shaired gTLDs

At 08:09 PM 3/19/00 -0800, William X. Walsh wrote:
>On 20-Mar-2000 Dave Crocker wrote:
> > At 07:48 PM 3/19/00 -0800, William X. Walsh wrote:
> >>On 20-Mar-2000 Dave Crocker wrote:
> >> >
> <http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-unique-dns-root-00.txt>
>
>How about a straight answer, Dave. How does this apply to the discussion
>of the
>shared/non-shared registry subject?  I see nothing in that paragraph or
>ANYWHERE else in the document that has any relevance at all.

The document highlights the need for coherent (unified, centralized, etc.)
management.  At base that means it does not have a collaborative, shared
scheme but rests management of each node (domain) with a single administration

>I think you are trying to pull something out of the hat that just isn't there.

I note that you have yet to provide a simple, straightforward answer to the
original, simple, straightforward question I posed to you about your own
assertion.

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA