Re: [wg-c] WG-C Report

	1. It's true that the report devotes more space to why new gTLDs *should*
be created than to why they should not; that's because the report is an
explanation of why the WG believes that the arguments favoring new gTLDs
are sound and important, and that those opposing them are unsound or in any
event less weighty.  After I presented each argument opposing new gTLDs, I
tried to explain why the WG didn't find that argument convincing (I think
we'd be derelict in our duty if we*didn't* include those explanations).  If
there are specific ways in which the descriptions of the arguments opposing
new gTLDs should be reworded, in order to make them represent the arguments
more fairly, please submit them.

	2. I think there may be some confusion on the trademark points Justin
notes.  The report notes that an advantage of adding new TLDs is that it
presents the opportunity for *different* entities to register the same SLD
string in different TLDs.  The report recognizes that this will raise
important trademark issues that are properly addressed by "registry data
maintenance requirements, dispute resolution mechanisms and any other
device that ICANN may choose to adopt."  It notes that the proliferation of
open ccTLDs is problematic from a trademark standpoint, because ccTLDs
aren't bound by ICANN's trademark-protective mechanisms.   If there's an
inconsistency there, I'm missing it.

Jon