RE: [wg-c] FW: ADNS Press Release

Actually, we've figured it out, technically, years ago. The problem is now
pure politics. A number of us are running alternate root servers. We even
have email gateways to the alternate TLDs. The advent of multi-part roots is
a direct consequence of a failure to add new TLDs, to the roots, years ago.
What you are propounding is a myth propogated by the opposition, those that
do not want ANY new TLDs added to the roots. It is pure FUD. The only reason
that we've gotten this far is the presence of new root server players. That
provided the political imperative to make this possible. Else, WG-C wouldn't
even exist.

BTW, if you read "DNS and BIND", third edition, you will note that those
running a firewall (most corporations and ALL ISPs) are running their own
roots anyway. They are already dealing with a form of multi-part roots, in
production operations.

R O E L A N D  M .  J .  M E Y E R