Re: [wg-c] Re: nine principles for domain names

"Dave Crocker" <dcrocker@brandenburg.com> wrote

>  Eventually, having .att for attorneys and .law for
> lawyers seems just fine to me, in spite of the resulting ambiguity.

That would be duplication rather than ambiguity.

Ambiguity (IMO) arises where there is more than one "meaning" being attached
and no rules to ensure that only one such "meaning" is properly applicable
(contrast .tm .as etc)

So provided that .law and .att were subject to rules only allowing qualified
attorneys/lawyers to register there would be no ambiguity but duplication.
I would not be a advocate for duplication either.

Keith