[wg-c] Request .eur or .euro

Ladies and Gentlemen!

We would like to introduce ourselves as a non-governmental work group
concerned with the presentation and marketing of the commercial and
cultural contents of the internet within the European Union.

Being the representatives of this particular group, we would like to
write to you with the following request:

We came to the conclusion that it would be extremely helpful to have a
gTLD '.eur' or '.euro' in order to be able to exploit the possibilities
of the internet to it's maximum extent.

Let us explain our general ideas and concepts:
We would set up a network of the European companies and organisations in
dot eur (there's already high demand, as you would expect). Every
participant would be encouraged to present all contents in both English
and native language, as most companies already do that are aware of a
common Europe.

Our vision would be a virtual market where on the one hand the European
Union is presented as an unity but on the other hand, every state has
it's own sites, all available under dot eur with features like search
engines and links to the former ccTLD locations.

Any responses on the probability as to have such a top level domain
created, would be very much appreciated. If you and ICANN would support
this request and create the TLD, a new company would be started for the
administration and maintenance of the registry.

Yours faithfully

Alexander Edler

Edler & Nebel Softwareentwicklung
Puntigamerstraße 4, 8041 Graz-Liebenau
AUSTRIA - EUROPE
Tel.: +43 316 425661 Fax: +43 316 425751

en-software@edler.at