Re: [wg-c] STRAW POLL

Please consider my vote after deadline. I was in  holidays from 11th until
today and I have not seen the voting call until now.
If you read my comments on the wg-c report, you could see that my answer
is there.

> QUESTION ONE
> 	Please select from the following possibilities, *as applied to the
> deployment of new gTLDs in the name space over the medium to long term*:
>
> 1. All new gTLDs must have charters that meaningfully limit the universe of
> people who can register in those gTLDs.

My vote - alternative 1.

Comments - Option 3 was not very clear. With more work in the text of
option 3, may be I'd be able to agree.

> QUESTION TWO
> 	The working group has reached and reaffirmed a recommendation that the
> initial expansion of the name space should consist of six to ten new gTLDs,
> followed by an evaluation period.  Please select from the following
> possibilities, *as applied to that initial rollout*.
>
> 1. All of the gTLDs in the initial rollout must have charters that
> meaningfully limit the universe of people who can register in those gTLDs.

My vote - option 1.

comments - again, option 3 is not very clear for me.

> QUESTION THREE
> 	The issue of chartered gTLDs is tied up with the larger issue of how ICANN
> should select new gTLDs -- in particular, whether (a) ICANN itself should
> be the final arbiter of new gTLDs' names and charters, or (b) ICANN should
> simply select new registries and leave the choice of names and charters to
> them.  I think that at this point we can't avoid confronting the larger
> question of how ICANN should pick new TLDs in the initial rollout.
> (Actually, we're returning to the question; part of last summer's straw
> poll spoke to the same issue.  The results then were inconclusive.)  Please
> select from among these possibilities:

> 2. ICANN, through a working group or otherwise, identifies a set of gTLDs
> to be introduced in the initial rollout, and establishes names and charters
> for those new TLDs.  It solicits applications from would-be registries to
> run those TLDs, and picks the ones it deems best-suited or best- qualified.

My vote - option 2.

Comment - I believe that ICANN trough the board or the NC, should
establishes a minimal charters expressing the objectives of each gTLD to
be created.

ICANN should analyze proposals from would-be registries considering
charters proposed for them to decide which organization candidate is
the most qualified to achieve the objectives