Re: [wg-c] STRAW POLL

Milton, I tried to define our position on how a gTLD differentiation (which
you called charter) might work (i.e. is it top down or market led) in my
answer to Question 3:

"A registry proposes a new gTLD and the NC judges it against the above
principles. If it passes it happens.
This leads to the market proposing names it wants but there is a first-mover
advantage as new names will exclude others. For example: If dot cars was
accepted for "everything to do with automobiles" then another party wanting
dot autos for " everything to do with automobiles" might not be accepted
unless they offered something to differentiate."

Philip