Re: [wg-c] Commission Working paper on the creation of .EU

I agree with what Josh says below, especially the point about .EU taking a long
time and the point about the need to update and reconsider IANA practices in the
light of new developments.

I still think, however, think we needed to have a *good faith* meta-discussion
about how such initiatives fit into the charter of WG-C and DNSO. The
articulation between these initiatives is not self-evident, and given the
newness and potential fragility of DNSO processes we have to be somewhat
self-conscious about the role of this WG. Hopefully we can have these
discussions in a constructive manner, and of course such discussions should not
distract us from our ongoing work on other types of new TLDs. So it does seem
appropriate to lay it aside now and that is what I intend to do.