Re: [wg-c] STRAW POLL

I support the following option for each question.

Question 1:

>4. ICANN should simply select new registries and leave issues of names and
>charters (including whether to limit the universe of people who can
>register in the domain, and if so how) to the new registries.

Question 2:

>4. ICANN should simply select new registries and leave issues of names and
>charters (including whether to limit the universe of people who can
>register in the domain, and if so how) to the new registries.

Question 3:

>1. ICANN picks a set of registries according to objective criteria.
>(Alternatively, ICANN narrows the set of applicants using objective
>criteria, and chooses among the remaining applicants, if necessary, via
>lotteries or auctions).  Once chosen, registries pick their own gTLD names
>and associated charters (if any), subject to a process under which ICANN
>can resolve conflicts and can deem certain gTLD strings out of bounds.

Personal comment: I believe that ICANN/DNSO should require registries  to provide a
list of new gTLDs that they intend to create when they apply for creation of new
gTLDs. This would help success of introduction of first 6-10 new gTLDs.

Regards,

Dongman Lee

--
Dongman Lee, Ph.D.