RE: [wg-c] new TLDs

At 11:16 26.12.99 -0800, Christopher Ambler wrote:
>So says you, discounting the example because it was IANA
>itself. It makes no difference.
>
>A phone call came in, the idea was to have a .INT registry,
>the registry was created, the TLD added, and, for lack of
>anyone else WILLING to run it, IANA did.

erm......irrelevant history correction:
INT was initially run by Paul Mockapetris, not by IANA.
IANA took over administration when Paul did not want to run it any more.
At one point there was action taken to transfer .int to the ITU, but I do
not think this was ever completed.

As far as I can remember....

                   Harald A

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no