RE: [wg-c] new TLDs

At 10:54 AM 12/26/1999 , Christopher Ambler wrote:
>Dave delights in taking to task people who make sweeping
>dismissals yet fail to give any explanation whatsoever.
>Pots, kettles, and all that jazz.
>
>As I see it, .INT is a classic example of a TLD conceived,
>created, and operated. I'm sure we all know the story.

Thanks for the ad hominem.  A TLD registry operated by IANA, itself, hardly
counts as a meaningful precedent for the current discussion.  As such, .INT
is quite unique, rather than classic.

Do you have any serious examples of TLDs that were defined by the registry
that operates them?

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA