RE: [wg-c] new TLDs

> .... Like it as not, branding issues are now inexorably linked to the
> DNS.

Wait until UTF-5 internationalized domain names are deployed.

Then we will have names like Sony looking like 8AHI742BN653.com

While I'm not disagreeing that business are basing their value or business
on their domain names, such companies are not reporting that fact via the
proper channels.

Such companies had better take a look at their registration contracts,
noticing that the names are revocable at will by the registrars, and make
the appropriate disclosure in their SEC 10K's and the notes to their
financial statements.)

(The 1-800-Flowers folks were required to make such a disclosure, it's
only a matter of time before any US publicly traded business that bases
any part of its valuation or business on its domain name to be required to
do the same.)

		--karl--