RE: [wg-c] new TLDs

As an architect for many major web-sites, "giving it up" is not an option.
Most of the business strategies folks are not going to abandon such an
obvious branding mechanism either. This is especially true given the fact of
proven usability and technical feasibility.

The TM folks may work in that direction, that is their right, that does not
imply that the rest of us should capitulate. Like it as not, branding issues
are now inexorably linked to the DNS.