Re: [wg-c] new TLDs

ok, forget about human semantics.  forget about registrars.  let's allocate
names like AOL user names, randomly generated, almost mnemonic unique
strings.  Do it by computer.  That would be best for consumers because
there would be no human infrastructure (read stock holders) to subsidize.

Mr Auerbach, what new gTLDs do you propose and why would they be a good thing?

At 01:53 PM 12/22/99 -0800, you wrote:

>> The fact that we cannot do all at once does not mean that
>> a few limited ones aren't worth trying.  Although I'd use all lower
>> case (just for ease of typing), I think .GmbH is probably a good
>> experiment.
>
>Since gmbh is a definition of a particular nation, might I suggest that if
>someone wants it it would be best placed under the relevant ccTLD?

Why is .gmbh.de preferable to .gmbh?