Re: [wg-c] new TLDs

For the record, I concur with the sentiment that ICANN should play no part
in deciding who qualifies for a TLD. When deciding what the new TLDs might
be, we should think as generically as possible and let the consumer decide
which ones he or she wants to register with.

as much as I can agree that down the road industry-specific TLDs such as
.airlines or .cpa or .bank or whatever, might be a good thing to add, for
right now I believe we should not burden ICANN with any kind of oversight
for granting registration in any TLD.

also just for the record, here are my thoughts on 6 potential testbed TLDs:

.web
.biz
.ISP
.firm