FW: [wg-c] reposted for Richard S. Campbell

-----Original Message-----
From: Roeland M.J. Meyer [mailto:rmeyer@mhsc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 1999 8:54 AM
To: 'Jonathan Weinberg'
Cc: 'RCampbell@FDIC.GOV'
Subject: RE: [wg-c] reposted for Richard S. Campbell

Hello Richard,

What your proposal here is exactly the purposes MHSC has been trying to put
forward, for more than two years. This sort of thinking is still prevalent
in the MHSC position paper. MHSC <http://www.mhsc.com> specializes in
developing, deploying, and implementing secure commerce business and systems
architectures.

http://www.dnso.net/library/dnso-tld.mhsc-position.shtml

Please note the additional Certificate Authority services and verification
requirements. The entire purpose is to build an evironment that has a high
degree of inter-subjective trust and reliability. Both e-commerce and
Business-to-Business markets need this.

I believe that this starts with the root-registry and that said registry
must enforce requirements that develop and maintain such an inter-subjective
trust environment, if the internet economy is to move on to the next level
of deployment.

There are many problems with ICANN and the DNSO that are a direct result of
ignoring inter-subjective trust issues. More voices need to be heard from,
on this front. Welcome to the party.

R O E L A N D  M. J. M E Y E R
CEO, Morgan Hill Software Company, Inc
President, MHSC-Systems
Chief Administrator, MHSC.NET
Operations Officer, DNSO.NET
Morgan Hill Software Company, Inc.
925.373.3954

Thawt ID: US-CO950902385-1   third-level root passwd