Re: [wg-c] consensus call results

There is no doubt that we have the level of support needed to proceed with
6-10.

A two-thirds majority is a sizable majority. Also, the fact that nearly all
of the no votes were concentrated in a single constituency makes the sense of
the WG even clearer.

Let's face it. The vote didn't turn out the way you wanted, Rita. There have
been many other votes that didn't turn out the way I wanted. The fact is that
supporters of your position are outnumbered by more than two to one (not only
in this working group, BTW). The issue is settled and it's time to move on.

The WG-B motion on famous-name trademark protections also exceeded the 2/3
margin by one-vote. Some of the votes were questionable. After some initial
concerns were expressed, the losers of that vote decided that adherence to
process was more important than quibbling over one or two percentage points
in the margin. If the trademark people are not going to act responsibly and
reciprocally as members of this process, then I suggest that the whole thing
is going to unravel very quickly.