Re: [wg-c] consensus call results

At 10:15 AM 12/20/1999 , Jonathan Weinberg wrote:
>intentions, please let me and the list know posthaste.  In particular, if
>any of you voted to abstain with the intention that your vote be counted in
>the vote tally denominator (so that it had the procedural effect of a NO
>vote), please let me know and I'll so treat it.

More specifically:  If someone wants their votes counted as a NO, they need
to vote NO.

If someone wants their vote counted as a YES they need to vote YES.

Although some private organizations do require a yes vote to be at least a
proportion of total membership, that is not typically true for "public"
processes, for exactly the reason you cite:  participation is typically too
low.

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA