Re: [wg-c] consensus call results

On 19-Dec-1999 Christopher Ambler wrote:
>> > 4. In my note last week, I indicated that after we got through with this
>> > vote, I wanted to move on to some informal straw polling on the
>> > non-profit/for-profit issue.  A list member has suggested to me,
> off-list,
>> > that it would be better to wait to do that until after we'd received the
>> > public comments on the interim report.  Absent objection, I'm happy to
> wait.
>>
>> I would like to move forward with the for-profit/non-profit issue. Absent
>> overwhelming opposition or a clear lack of public support for the results
>> of the next poll, there doesn't seem to be any outstanding reason why we
>> couldn't push on.
>
> I would like to hold off of this issue until after the public comments on
> the interim report. One inconclusive result at a time.

As someone who has opposed unnecessary delays, I find this to be a compelling
reason to hold off for the short time remaining on the public comment period.
I think it would be the prudent thing to do, and would stave off some of the
criticisms from certain factions have used this argument as just one of many to
oppose anything resembling progress towards new gTLDs.

--
William X. Walsh <william@dso.net>
DSo Networks  http://dso.net/