Re: [wg-c] IAB Technical Comment on the Unique DNS Root

> > I am happly using a competitive root system, and as you may note, I am
> > having no difficulty communicating with everyone else.  Nor is anyone
> > having trouble communicating with me.  And I haven't seen a single DNS
> > root service outage in more than two years of operation.
>
> Why don't you postto this list with a e-mail addess resolveable by your
> competitive root systems?
>
> I will leave it up to the readership to figure out *why* Karl won't post
> from one of his "competitive root system" domains.

I am posting from a competitive root domain.  Our familiar .com is a TLD
that is in the root system I'm using.

Competitive roots don't mandate new TLDs.  Competitive roots merely open
the door to those who are ventursome and willing to try new TLDs in
addition to, or different from, those that are found everywhere.

Anybody who wants to start a new TLD will have to make a sufficient
investment in it to give it critical mass so that it is picked up by
enough competitive system operators.

It certainly makes more sense to me to let these issues be resolved by the
normal interplay of market forces than to have what amounts to a Five Year
Plan for the DNS being issued by ICANN's less than highly representative
organs.

As for my SLD cavebear.web - other folks who subscribe to competitive
roots that resolve .web can reach me just fine.

Anybody who is stuck using the limited ICANN franchise root can switch any
time they feel like doing so - they hold in their own hands the keys to
their own net freedom.

		--karl--