RE: [wg-c] Initial Numbers

I'm sending this on delay because I've already burnt my two posts for today
, Wed, 15Dec99, 17:41hrs.

Hello Dave,
Please see the thread, I am not talking about arbitrarily large numbers of
TLDs. I expect under 10,000, by the best, most optimistic, market analysis I
can find (which is admittedly not all that good).

You are both also ignoring the fact that a separate root-service.net system
can be set up to resolve into this expanded root zone (see my paper, this is
exactly what I recommend for ICANN to do). This is using the standard
off-the-shelf BIND8 software, available from ISC.

If ICANN doesn't want to do this, someone else might...<g>