RE: [wg-c] Initial Numbers

At 07:58 AM 12/15/1999 , Kevin J. Connolly wrote:
>"Roeland M.J. Meyer" <rmeyer@mhsc.com> 12/15/99 12:21AM  wrote
>(responding to my response to Milton Mueller's post:
>
> >The only things that effect latency are the throughput of the root server
> >and the type of network it is connected to.
>
><I restrain myself, lest I lapse into lame-flaming :->
>This seems to suggest that latency is not
>related to the number of queries to the root

Kevin, you are clearly misunderstanding the analysis perspective which says
that the problem is never a matter of algorithm or system design, or
operational use.

Rather, performance is only a matter of machine size...

This is an unusual perspective to hear from anyone but a mainframe
manufacturer.

d/

Perhaps an axiom emerges:  Problem domain complexity is easily resolved
through simplistic analysis.

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA