RE: [wg-c] Consensus Vote

I vote no.

Mark Sportack is also a member of this group, but since we both work for
AT&T, we agreed that only one of us will vote to diminish concerns about
"stuffing" the ballot box. Should it be agreed that he can also vote, that
would be great, however, in discussing this issue, we agreed that we didn't
want to cause unnecessary tension within the group over this.

I am voting no because we believe there should be a "go slow" approach in
the introduction of any new gTLDs.  We do not believe that the necessary
processes and procedures are thought through and put in place.  We are at
the beginning of this step.

There are several issues related to trademarks, consumer confusion,
education and awareness, stability, consumer fraud which I've discussed in
other lists and on this one, and should anyone want more information, I'm
happy to post further.

In addition, the ccTLDS are an important resource to the Internet and their
role and involvement should be taken into consideration before any new gTLDs
are introduced.  This is not to imply any opinion about  ICANN's authority
or role or the role of this group in relation to ccTLDs; but to  make a
comment that they are a resource to those who use domain names in the
Internet and any introduction of new gTLDs will impact them -- perhaps
negatively, perhaps positively.

Marilyn Cade