Re: [wg-c] ballot stuffing

William,

I'm not going to argue with you regarding the hidden (and not-so-hidden) motivations of the members of this list.  I don't pretend to know everyone's motivation.  I suggest that you may not as well, despite the fact that you believe you do.

Also, I would note that while all the "yes" voters may have had (and continue to have) difficulty agreeing over various points (for instance whether the business model of the registries should be dictated by ICANN and, if so, what those business models shoul look like) I do not believe that any of those people have ever disagreed over whether new gTLDs should be added.  It seems to me that not one of the "yes" voters has ever argued that there should not be new gTLDs or they should be very limited in number.  Therefore, I don't believe that the commonality of "yes" votes by the people expressing them is indicative of a compromise position from any of them, except for those who wanted to start with more than 6-10, but who realize that some are better than none.

I also don't see any of those people successfully reaching a compromise on the issues that really divide them.

Rita

BTW - I haven't voted yet.

>>> "William X. Walsh" <william@dso.net> 12/10/1999 4:53:59 PM >>>

Hello Rita,

I think it was worth noting that so far all of the "No" votes have a common thread, and
that indeed they have a common motivation.

Whereas in the "yes" votes we have a broad base of opinion, people who would have a hard
time agreeing that the sky was blue normally.

Those voting yes have, for the most part, had to make vast compromises in their own
hardfast opinions to consent to this, in an effort to move forward and have progress.
Those voting no obviously do not feel they can be a part of a compromise.

Fine, that is their right, but don't expect it to go unnoticed, or for others, such as
Dave or the rest of us, to comment on it.

It helps the others who may be on the fence to put the votes into perspective, and see
the common thread behind those who are "dissenting."

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934