[wg-c] IMPORTANT: CONSENSUS CALL

 I conclude that this vote is letting the tail wag the dog.

There are too many priorities that must besatisfied before new gTLDs can be
added, ranging from the protection of intellectual property, trademarks and
brand names for both commercial and non-commercial owners, through to the
need for a framework for new TLDs and Root Registry capability.

Under these circumstances I vote NO until these priorities have been
satisfied.

Best regards

John C Lewis
Manager - International Organisations Europe
BT delegate ETNO Executive Board
BT co-ordinator ICANN representation
Tel: +44 (0) 1442 295258 Mob: +44 (0) 802 218271
Fax: +44 (0) 1442 295861