RE: [ga] RE: [wg-c] URGENT: Moratorium on all additions to con

Title: RE: [ga] RE: [wg-c] URGENT: Moratorium on all additions to con

Thank you for your comments, Mr. Walsh.  I'm glad that we are on the same page on this issue.  As for your concern, Mr. Sondow, whether or not comments are considered adequately is a completely different matter that Advocacy will be addressing in the future.

It has come to my attention that several people on the list were concerned that my posting suggested that a comment period to the Interim Report was the only comment period needed on the issue of new gTLDs.  It is my understanding that the Interim Report was just that -- a report in the middle of the process.  When the WG-C nears completion of its task and has concrete proposals, Advocacy believes another round of comments are necessary and appropriate.  For those that are worried about time and efficiency, this comment period can be a set number of days -- I recommend 30 days, which will keep the process from dragging on indefinitely.

Eric Menge
Office of Advocacy
U.S. Small Business Administration