Re: [wg-c] non/for-profit

I must disagree with this point:

Milton Mueller wrote:

> T> Nonetheless, we are tasked with the job of making the best
> > initial decisions/recommendations as the rules of consensus permit.
> > Consequently, I think the initial rollout (6- 10 new TLDs) should look as
> > much like the subsequent rollout (however many more TLDs are established) as
> > possible.
>
> Exactly. This is the most sensible statement of how we should proceed that I
> have seen on this list in some time.

While we should not give the impression that we will start from scratch after some
predetermined experation date, we need to recognize the need for flexibility and
recognize that
we have *no* real data at this point.  I am willing to believe that we could learn
something
in the initial phase of development that would prompt changes in the next phase.

The first roll out will set the pattern, but it doesn't have to stay this way
forever.

Harold