From: William X. Walsh [mailto:william@dso.net]
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 1999 10:28 PM
To: Cade,Marilyn S - LGA
Cc: wg-c@dnso.org; Christopher Ambler
Subject: RE: [wg-c] registry contracts

So it is your position that ICANN is more than just a "technical
coordination"
organization, as their MoU with the DOC states that they are?

ICANN keeps denying they are anything more than that, but I also don't see
how
economic models come under technical coordination.  Of course, neither does
uniform
dispute policies.

Of course, we all knew this all along, despite the MoU and Esther's constant
denials, that ICANN is indeed about Internet Governance, but they are loath
to admit
it.

Nice to see someone like Marilyn willing to stand up and admit it.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934