Re: [wg-c] The limits of theoretical debate: time for experiments

At 17:33 11-11-1999 -0500, Milton Mueller wrote:
>  I would urge Kent and
>others to disabuse themselves of the idea that clever debating tactics are
>somehow
>going to snooker the people who advocate models different from theirs into
>accepting
>the POC/Core model exclusively and in perpetuity.

Dear Milt:

Nice to have seen you at LAX:-)

Thank you for noting my "Test" signature.  Dr. Bray was a brilliant
industrial chemist who spent most of his years in the petroleum and
petrochemical field.  I learned a lot from him.   I was his research
chemist for four years, I was his sales manager for another five.  He was
loaded with country wisdom.

As a proponent of the IAHC final report since I read it in March of 1997, I
never have seen it as an immutable model.  In fact, it has always been in
flux as public input was heard.  Think of these changes:

1. Originally to be a lottery, four CORE members each in seven regions.
2. Capital required US$500,000 for members in developed countries, $300,000
in LDCs.
3. One gTLD was to be ".store", POC agreed to change when it was pointed
out that the word was too much U.S. centric.  It was changed to ".shop".

I could go on and on.  The point is that it has always been a "work in
process".

Personal regards, BobC

"One test is worth three expert opinions!"
Ulric B. Bray