Re: [wg-c] The limits of theoretical debate: time for experiments

On 11 November 1999, katie@imt.net wrote:

>11/11/99 th 4:47 pm mdt
>
>Hear, Hear!

I support Milton's sentiment also.  We've reached the point where we're
not only debating implementation, but actively considering it, in
testbed fashion.

If it is to be a true testbed, let's test several models.  The whole
*point* of the testbed phase is to identify and weed out problems.
No amount of debate, no amount of discussion could possibly go further
than a simple test of these ideas.

Let's move forward and see what does, and does not, work.

At this point, the only technical limitations I can find for anything
discussed here are those imposed by the current DNS system, and even
these are being addressed in eDNS and DNSSec.  Everything else is
an implementation issue.  It's time to suss out what does and does not
work, and action is what's necessary here, not words.

--
Mark C. Langston
mark@bitshift.org