RE: [wg-c] my position paper v. 1.1

Just in case no one noticed, the hawk is flying again.

Demonstrable only with corner-case arguments.

> A company (commercial or non-commercial) that feels its
> revenue stream is
> protected will not automatically be inclined to improve its
> services.  In
> general that motivation comes only from fear, such as fear of
> competition.

Blanket statement that is only true in a very specific set of circumstances.

> Although it might, eventually, be possible to find a way to permit
> for-profit registries, the track record with NSI shows
> clearly that we do
> not know how, yet.

NSI was started by academics and scientists. Their market blundering should
not be applied to REAL capitalists. It is especially true that a sample of
ONE doesn't prove a damned thing.