Re: [wg-c] SV: Consensus and compromises...

> The set of potential gTLD names for which someone, somewhere has made some
> sort of claim is gigantic.  Large enough to treat as infinite.

Limit each prospective registry to a single TLD to start, and that set
drops down to below 15. Most likely below 10.

> The set of claims which pertain to work done that was IANA sponsored
> involves 6 names only, the six developed by the IAHC/POC.

Wrong. The set of claims includes all developed registries which also
exist on IANA's list of applications, a list which was SOLICITED BY
JON POSTEL. The "IAHC 7" (why do you say 6, I wonder?) were
never even applied-for on that list.

> All other work was done outside of IANA and is, therefore, unrelated to
it.

This is your fantasy. Reality bites.

> Those trying to corner the market on one or another name will contest this
> statement, of course.  And creating that distracting debate is the reason
> we were treated to the suggestion that pre-existing claims are an issue,
of
> course.

If you don't agree with the argument, discount the motives of the opponent.
At least one thing in this whole debate is transparent.

Christopher