Re: [wg-c] Compromise proposal

Peter:
If these conditions are met I cannot see how 10 new gTLDs would be any different from 3 new gTLDs. In other words, if these protections work, 10 vs 3 won't make any serious difference. This is especially true because, as Rutkowski has noted, we have been adding new ccTLDs--many of which could be open to cybersquatting as much as any new gTLD--at a much faster rate.

I think it is important for the TM/IP constituency members to address this question afresh, in the spirit of conciliation and compromise.

Petter Rindforth wrote:

_Before_ any new gTLDs can be introduced we must havea) a speedy and effective dispute resolution process (preferably mandatory)b) a system for protecting famous and well-known trademarks across all gTLDs, andc) an easy and cost-effective system for obtaining full contact information