Re[2]: [wg-c] straw vote -- question one results & call for votes on remaining questions

Tuesday, August 31, 1999, 3:16:33 AM, Robert F. Connelly <rconnell@psi-japan.com> wrote:

> At 22:48 30-08-1999 -0700, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
>>In fact, he took great pains to stay
>>within the IANA frame-work.

> Does that mean that no .web domains have been made partially accessible by
> being in some alternate server such as "Grass Roots Domain Servers"?  If
> such is not true, then I have been misinformed.

You mean like CORE's .info?
[wwalsh@bilbo wwalsh]$ nslookup -type=SOA info 194.140.148.12
Server:  dns2.nominalia.com
Address:  194.140.148.12

info
        origin = srs-sf.serv.nic.info
        mail addr = hostmaster.nic.info
        serial = 1998091204
        refresh = 1800 (30M)
        retry   = 900 (15M)
        expire  = 604800 (1W)
        minimum ttl = 86400 (1D)

And yes, this is one of the nameservers listed for .info in at least 3
different RSC networks I tested.

Further, www.nic.info resolves :

[wwalsh@bilbo wwalsh]$ nslookup -type=A www.nic.info 194.140.148.12
Server:  dns2.nominalia.com
Address:  194.140.148.12

Name:    www.gtld-mou.org
Address:  156.106.192.220
Aliases:  www.nic.info

So is this really a point worth discussing, or one that even has
merit, since the exact same can be said of the organization of which
you are a member?

But of course, there will be some justification of this too, and some
point about how they are justified, but no one else is.

I'm getting sick of this hypocrisy, and of the fact that this
workgroup is so damn easily distracted onto such pointless sidelines
by people who have an organizational benefit from making sure no
compromise proposal can possible be accomplished.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934

Join DNSPolicy.com's discussion list!