Re[2]: [wg-c] straw vote -- question one results & call for votes on remaining questions

Monday, August 30, 1999, 2:46:44 PM, Robert F. Connelly <rconnell@psi-japan.com> wrote:

> At 08:18 30-08-1999 -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:
>>At 01:20 AM 8/30/99 , Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
>>>If we were to try and disenfranchise everyone whomever tried a
>>>hi-jacking then half of this list should be excluded, starting with
>>>IAHC, going through CORE, and continuing through a few constituncies in
>>
>>For those not familiar with the facts:  The IAHC was an IANA-sponsored
>>activity and focused solely on gTLD expansion.  It had nothing to do with
>>the root and it always affirmed IANA authority over the root.  The
>>POC/CORE activity was not a separate activity but was the direct follow-on
>>from the IAHC proposal.  It, was also approved by IANA and affirmed IANA's
>>authority.

> FYI, Dave is totally on target with this posting, BobC

Hmm, Bob, I seem to have some posts in my archives showing that you
practically acknowledged that these groups indeed did not have the
authority they claimed.  How does this jive with your comment above?

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934

Join DNSPolicy.com's discussion list!