Re: [wg-c] This workgroup list and disruptions, and a motion

I would be interested in participating in this splinter group.

>>> "William X. Walsh" <william@dso.net> 08/24 5:11 AM >>>
I am making an official motion that a splinter group be formed for the
purposes of drawing up a set of reasonable contractual requirements
that a registry would be required to sign on to in order to operate a
TLD.

I move that this group conduct its work on a list other than this one,
and that those who absolutely oppose the concept that this should be a
considered solution not be permitted to participate in this list.

The reasons?

We have seen the a plenty on this list in the last 48 hours.

An extremely high amount of traffic that has accomplished absolutely
nothing.

I am going to blame this on 3 people.  3 people who have an interest
in making sure that NO censensus comes out of this work group unless
it is 100% of what the CORE group proposes.  I allege that they are
counting on the fact that they control such a significant portion of
the Names Council that they believe they are assured success if they
can prevent this work group from forming a substantive near consensus
approach that is not in line with their own view.

I won't name names, they know who they are.  They are working quite
dilligently, misrepresenting arguments, and beating the same dead
horses, to prevent substantive work from being done.  We are getting
caught up in this mess rather than accomplishing anything.

It is rather interesting that they tried the same thing on another
forums whose work they opposed.  Anyone who has any doubts can see the
EXACT same tactics being used here as where used there.

I'm sick of it.

Either the chairs will form a splinter/sub group, or I will create a
mailing list @dnspolicy.com to form a splinter group and this work
WILL get done.

Some order is needed here, or we need new leadership.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934

(IDNO MEMBER)
Support the Cyberspace Association, the
constituency of Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               !
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               !