Re: [wg-c] Trying to close on Question 1

Two questions on substance:

*do* have "rough consensus on having an evaluation period after the
deployment of a first few gTLDs."  Option 2, as I drafted it, didn't
include an evaluation period at all.  It contemplated an orderly, phased

Exactly what would be evaluated?  It seems relevant to the proposition,

that persons who believed that the data coming in showed the planned
rollout to be too fast or too extensive could bring their concerns to ICANN
at any time.  The point is important, I think, because a plan calling for
deployment of a "few" gTLDs followed by an "evaluation period" gives a
specific decisional pressure point to the folks who believe that ICANN
ought to deploy only a few new gTLDs and then stop.

Exactly what does it mean to be "too fast or extensive?"
We're dealing with competition in a market, right?

What would be evaluated at that "pressure point?"

--tony