Re: [wg-c] Separating the Sheep from the Goats

On 20 August 1999, "Kevin J. Connolly" <CONNOLLK@rspab.com> wrote:

> I agree this is a legitimate linkage.  For instance, it doesn't do a
>whole lot of good if ICANN adds 18 new GTLDs, all administered by NSI
>:-0
>
>So . . . let me try a second cut:
>
>Three-phase rollout:
>
>(A) Proof of concept phase.
>
>(B) Controlled RollOut Phase
>
>(C) First Stable Plateau

[much snippage above]

Kevin -
  I like this, but the one thing I see missing here is the "evalutation"
that I've perceived several people as arguing for occurring after each
of these steps.  I'm wondering if this was implied in this plan, or
left out, or is still something that needs to be hashed out?

Assuming that we can come up with an agreeable, workable evaluation
plan, I think I like this.  Also assuming that (C) is not the last
step.  I would imagine a cycle of controlled rollout->plateau over the
next several years.

--
Mark C. Langston	     			Let your voice be heard:
mark@bitshift.org				     http://www.idno.org