Re: Re[4]: [wg-c] straw vote -- question one results & call for votes on remaining questions

I don't give two hoots about what number "option" you prefer to consider.
If you have a religious fixation with the number two, I'm happy for you.
I've stated my position in plain English and in few words. If you prefer to
twist that around, I take offence. Once again, and for your benefit:

To the question of how many/how fast?
I favour an approach that starts slowly, and builds up speed, with a
target of adding a largish number of gTLDs (g as in generic) to the
root (200-2000?). I believe a sensible approach is to do it slow and
evaluate what part we are not doing well, so as to be able to scale it up
further. An initial small batch of a few (3-10?) gTLDs (g as in generic),
*should* be able to highlight problems (if any) and/or areas where things
can be done better.

I really don't think I can be any clearer as to where I stand on this
question. Please do not further "interpret" my words. You may agree or not
with them, you may put arguments or counter-arguments forward, but certainly
do not say "ahhhhhh, you really mean option 12 instead of option 7"

Please note to what I am responding. The question I am responding is that
which I place at the beginning of the paragraph. It is *only* about HOW MANY and
HOW FAST. There is NO discussion on who "gets" the gTLDs (g as in generic),
or if companies that have setup zone files in the past/present with certain
terminations should have or not privileges, or how to choose the registry
operations company, or shared vs non-shared, or anything else.

Do you think you will manage not to attribute further hidden in-between line
meaning of what I am stating?

Thanks in advance.

Yours, John Broomfield.