Re: [wg-c] straw vote -- question one results & call for votes on remaining questions

On 19 August 1999, John Charles Broomfield <jbroom@manta.outremer.com> wrote:

>We all seem to agree that the wording of the option 1 & 2 is not something
>that any of us like. Propose some way of starting to add TLDs where it can
>be done in a slow fashion so that the effect can be observed, and that
>nobody suddenly starts waving arms around saying "it's not being done as per
>the schedule". One thing I think we've ALL learnt, is that despite Internet
>going 10 times faster than any of us had expected, adding TLDs seems to find
>it's way to add delays... Pre-adhering to any time-table (one per month for
>example) would seem to be foolish at least in the light of what we've seen
>over the past few years. You don't like the word "stop"... dunno how to

Wait...there've been stability issues with adding new TLDs to the root
over the past few years?  When did this occur?

--
Mark C. Langston	     			Let your voice be heard:
mark@bitshift.org				     http://www.idno.org